Time: 09:00 am | Price: $124.00 per person
Meet our tremendous troop of ring-tailed lemurs.
This is a magical experience from the moment you board the barge that takes you to our very own Lemur Island. Made famous the world over by the movie Madagascar, our ring-tailed lemurs are very social and inquisitive. On this exciting encounter you can get up close with our lovely lemurs and they might even take some food right out of your hand!
Our fantastic keepers will be right alongside to answer any questions you may have about this playful species.
To book your Leapin Lemur Encounter please contact the Australia Zoo Guest Services team on 5436 2002.
- Patrons for the Leapin’ Lemur Encounter must be four years and over. Four to 14 year old guests must be accompanied into the encounter by a paying participating adult
- Maximum of four people per encounter.
- Included is a selection of High Resolution Images and an Australia Zoo Lemur Lapel Pin.
- We recommend patrons wear clothing that covers their shoulders as our lovely lemurs like to say hello and often come in close and climb on guests.
- Patrons with cold and flu symptoms will need to reschedule for the health of our lemurs.
- Please note only paying participants will be able to attend this encounter. Additional guests will not be able to view the encounter taking place.
- Please note this encounter takes place before Australia Zoo opens – guests must arrive at 8:30am.
- Please note only paying participants will be able to attend this encounter.
- Guests must arrive at their designated encounter time allotment.
Terms and Conditions
- Entry to Australia Zoo is not included. Valid entry is compulsory for all encounters.
- All Participants, including children, must follow all instructions given by the handlers. Each Participant must be able to understand English or have a paying, participating interpreter with them.
- Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person to participate in the Animal Encounter for health, safety or other reasons. Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler’s discretion.
- Some encounters may require special assistance to provide access to Wheelchair user guests. Staff must be informed of mobility issues when booking the encounter.
- Animal Encounters are subject to weather. Please be aware that the encounter may need to be cancelled if bad weather occurs before or during the session. The encounter will be rescheduled for the next available date, at the Zoo’s discretion.
- All encounters are subject to change without notice. If the encounter is cancelled by Australia Zoo, you will have the option to receive a full refund or reschedule to another encounter time or day.
- Cancellation within 48hrs of the Session shall result in forfeiture of 50% of the full payment. If the Participant does not attend or is late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
- No personal items or food are permitted on the encounter, this includes camera’s and backpacks. In some circumstances, a phone or small camera will be allowed.
- Please remember that all animals are capable of exercising their natural instincts. Do not under any circumstances attempt to roughly handle the animal. Contact with animals will be under the handlers direction – please do not touch animal’s head, face or any other body parts unless directed to by the animal handler.
- All interaction will be instigated by the animals. The behaviour of the animals or the outcome/level of interaction is not guaranteed under any circumstances.
- Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries, howsoever received whether it be as a result of the Animal Encounter, travelling to, or being in, the enclosure in which the animal is housed.
- The food we feed to our animals may contain nuts, eggs, fruit, seafood, raw meat and other food products. Please ensure any allergies are discussed with staff prior to the encounter being undertaken.
- Participants must be aware that they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes.
- The Participant consents to the publication and/or use in any media whatsoever of their name, image, voice statements or otherwise, without payment of compensation.
- This experience is an “Animal Encounter” for the purposes of the Waiver, Indemnity and Release.
- Recording devices (phone, gopro ect) are not permitted during direct interaction with animals during encounters.