Payroll Officer – Full Time
The Accounts team are responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of all Australia Zoo Group financials. The tight knit team work closely together to ensure all KPI’s and objectives are met in the most professional way possible.
The Payroll officer is responsible for processing the weekly wages for Australia Zoo, Crocodile Hunter Lodge and Wildlife Warriors staff.
From time to time, the role is responsible for assisting with maintaining creditors, debtors and all aspects of banking records for various entities.
To be successful in this position, you will be professional, work collaboratively within a team and work great in a fast-paced environment. You will be sensitive to the needs of the members within your team, and be happy to assist other staff wherever possible.
Primary Duties include; but are not limited to –
- Collating payroll timesheets, coordinating weekly payroll runs.
- Collating information relating to Annual Leave, Personal/Carers’ Leave, and Days in Lieu for Payroll records.
- Issuing Employees with pay slips.
- Maintaining and updating staff personnel records.
- Establish and maintain staff superannuation accounts.
- Generate and upload Superannuation monthly payments for all entities.
- Prepare monthly reports for HR.
- Process end of month and end of financial year reporting.
- Calculate and maintain records for Long Service Leave, Paid Parental Leave & Work Cover.
- Calculate and submit monthly Payroll Tax payments for processing.
- Calculate and submit monthly Child Support payments for processing.
- Assist with queries and prepare reports upon request.
- Remaining up to date with Awards and payroll legislation.
- Conduct regular audits in liaison with HR.
- Reconcile all Casual Conversion information required from the HR department.
- Assisting within all areas of the Accounts team where required, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Cash Handling.
- Full availability, including weekends, public holidays and school holidays.
- Hold current Driver’s License.
- Satisfactory Australian Federal Police Criminal Record Check must be undertaken prior to employment.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role with exposure to payroll compliance.
- Ability to interpret fair work legislation modern awards and ensure compliance across the organisation.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment.
- Quick and willing learner.
- Respect for confidentiality and privacy of information and files.
- Sound computer skills (Microsoft suite) with advanced skills in excel favourable.
Apply for this job below.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have e.g. First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application