Housekeeper Team Leader – Full Time
– The Crocodile Hunter Lodge
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join the Crocodile Hunter Lodge team as the ‘Housekeeping Team Leader’ on a Full-Time basis!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
As a Housekeeping Team Leader, your position is instrumental to the success of the Crocodile Hunter Lodge. You will provide a world class experience to guests through your attention to detail and willingness to exceed guest expectations. You will be responsible for the cleanliness and upkeep of all areas of the Lodge including, but not limited to, Lodge Reception, Cabins, Warrior Restaurant and poolside areas, all toilet facilities and the Ironbark Events Shed. As Housekeeping Team Leader your primary responsibility is to ensure all Housekeeping staff are following policies and procedures, and to ensure the operational requirements of the department are being met.
To be successful in this role, you must be reliable, enthusiastic and have a passion for outdoors and Australian Wildlife. This position offers you the opportunity to work in a truly unique location and in an exceptional team environment. You will have a demonstrated ability to lead a small and hard-working team, have great communication and work collaboratively with the Lodge Manager and Lodge Supervisor.
Duties Include –
- Supervising all staff within the Housekeeping team
- Cleaning and Supervising the servicing of guest cabins; including bathrooms, kitchens and floors
- Cleaning reception and restaurant areas to maintain the Crocodile Hunter Lodge’s high standards
- Ensure all Cabins are fully stocked with guest amenities
- Ensure towels and linen are refilled, replaced and stored correctly
- Report maintenance, incident and safety issues in a timely manner
- Report any lost property by following the appropriate processes
- Ensure all housekeeping equipment is maintained, used and stored correctly
- Using appropriate chemicals for cleaning purposes and ensuring safe work practices are followed.
- Ensure all WHS policies and procedures are followed
- Maintain a high level of communication within the housekeeping team and management
- Ensure all procedure checklists are completed correctly
- Assist in the creation of Housekeeping staff rosters
- Assist in the stocktake and ordering of cleaning products and equipment
- Be responsible for the ordering of linen from linen hire companies.
- Ensure the cleaning of inhouse items such as pool towels and robes is kept to a high standard
Essential Criteria –
- Previous housekeeping experience in a 4 or 5-star establishment
- Previous experience Supervising a small to medium team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A friendly customer focused attitude, with the drive to provide high customer satisfaction
- Strong attention to detail
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
Apply for this job below.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have e.g. First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application