Graphic Designer – Full Time
This position works closely with the Creative Service Manager to ensure the smooth functioning of all elements of the graphic design department, with varied responsibilities including the design of retail products/merchandise and the development of supporting digital and social assets, as well as traditional media.
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
This position is responsible for protecting and growing Australia Zoo’s brand through the creation of new graphic design concepts and collateral that is compliant with the Style Guide. This position reports to the Creative Services Manager to ensure work production is of a high quality and that efficiency is met.
A successful applicant must be enthusiastic, mature-minded, confident, well-presented and able to demonstrate a high level of work-ethic and initiative. Customer Service skills are also a must.
Duties include –
- Ensure all design work (offline + online) adheres to the Australia Zoo brand guidelines.
- Following art direction that meets marketing objectives and maintains consistency of the Australia Zoo brand and sub-brands.
- Contribution of ideas and designs for development of the Australia Zoo brand, its sub-brands and promotional items.
- Design and develop a wide range of branded merchandise working closely with our retail team and management.
- Assist with the creation of new projects from branding and concept formation through to production.
- Works within the parameters of the design departments job log system, ensuring job details are up to date on a daily basis.
- Conduct regular stocktake of zoo marketing collateral and interpretive signage on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with external suppliers when required.
- Actively seek new images to better create attention and encapsulate Australia Zoo brand
- Actively seek new marketing/promotional collateral ideas (i.e. brochure ideas, signage types, external displays etc).
- Ensure all Marketing Dept are up to date with Image library and understand correct usage of images and branding elements.
- Any other duties as requested by Management.
Essential Criteria –
- Full Availability, including weekends, public holidays and school holidays.
- Experience in retail product design and development – including apparel, stationery, souvenirs and other tourism/retail-based product lines.
- Experience in print and online production.
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- Suitable tertiary qualifications.
- Capacity to deliver to budget and timeframe.
- Bachelor degree in Art or Graphic Design or Associate Diploma in Graphic Design (or equivalent).
- Strong understanding of job scheduling and print production.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite CC, in particular InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator in an Apple Mac OS environment. Knowledge of After Effects would also be a bonus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (or similar programs).
- A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with team members across multiple departments, including senior management.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
Preferred Criteria –
- Current Advanced 1st Aid Qualifications
- Any other relevant certificates
Apply for this job below.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have e.g. First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application