Experienced Driver – Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join our Shuttles team in a Full Time capacity as an Experienced Driver!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
Transporting guests from Africa, Southeast Asia, Wetlands and our shows, this role is a once in a lifetime and exciting opportunity to see the Australia Zoo Grounds and interact with guests in a unique way!
Operation of the internal shuttle bus and customer service associated, will be the successful candidates’ primary focus. This will include safe operation of the vehicle, navigation of the Zoos internal tracks, communication with other zoo departments and the health and safety of our guests.
Duties May Include –
- Always provide excellent customer service to guests.
- Concierge duties, such as: greeting guests, assisting with zebra crossings, coordinating traffic and liaising with Senior Management regarding incoming and outgoing traffic.
- Provide excellent service whilst picking up guests from local train stations and points of interest.
- Drive the Australia Zoo courtesy bus safely and professionally.
- Driving of the Australia Zoo Internal Shuttle throughout Australia Zoo Grounds and completing shuttle stop collection duties.
- Being responsible for the welfare and safety of guests travelling within the Australia Zoo Grounds and Shuttle.
- Providing excellent customer service, using a microphone and loud-speaker system whilst transporting guests around locations of the Zoo.
- Assist guest with arranging public transport and coordinating bus pick up/drop off times to suit.
- Assist with the shuttle departments operations, including rides operations and general customer service.
- Generalised maintenance of all vehicles within the department, and appropriately reporting concerns to the Fleet Manager.
- Other duties as requested by the Head of Department/Senior Management.
Essential Criteria –
- Full availability, including weekends, public holidays and school holidays
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Hold a current Drivers Authority
- Current Queensland Blue Card
- Hold a current Heavy Rigid (HR) Licence or higher
- Have 1 year experience driving large passenger vehicles
- A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to engage, negotiate and communicate effectively with all levels of staff and guests to ensure professional ongoing relationships and program development
Preferred Criteria –
- Any other relevant Certificates or Qualifications
- Current Advanced 1st Aid Qualifications
Apply for this job below.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have e.g. First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application